Huipil Top - Youth
Couldn't load pickup availability
This stunning youth vintage Huipil (traditional Mayan blouse) features intricate hand-embroidery design from Huehuetenango, Guatemala.
This particular poncho-style blouse is best worn with a tank-top underneath and can be tucked in or cinched by a belt.
Measurements on flat surface: Sizes are a "fits like" guide and not a standard measurement
- This Huipil is a YOUTH size and fits like a 4 Toddler and 5 Toddler
- Armpit to armpit - 18" inches wide
- Length - 12.5” textile measurement hanging in hanger and 16" including the fringe at bottom
- Arm Opening - open
- Condition: Generally good vintage condition with a some loose threads and wear.
Please note: The entire piece is genuine hand woven and hand embroidered. Many Huipiles are now embroidered using sewing machine which can also be referred to as 'hand made'. This piece is made entirely without the use of machine. It is a genuine antique and therefore shows some signs of age and loose thread but has no holes or repairs and is in remarkably good condition considering it's age.
- Not suitable for machine dryers, dry on a flat surface
- To ensure this blouse has a long life, we recommend washing it by hand or on a delicate spin cycle only
- This traditional blouse was 100% handmade from beginning to end; therefore, naturally, there will be some imperfections.