Vintage Top - San Juan Sacatepequez Huipil
Couldn't load pickup availability
This amazing Mayan blouse (Huipil) has a traditional intricate brocade work featuring geometric designs found in San Juan Sacatepéquez, Guatemala.
The huipils from San Juan Sacatepequez are known for their bright and bold colors. They often feature a combination of bright blues, greens, pinks, and yellows. This particular one has a darker pink base with purple and rainbow color stripes. The huipils from San Juan Sacatepequez are typically larger than huipils from other parts of Guatemala. They are designed to be worn loose and flowing, rather than fitted. These unique characteristics make them easily recognizable and highly prized by collectors and admirers of Mayan textiles.
- This Huipil fits like LARGE & XL
- Bust (armpit to armpit) 26” inches wide
- Length 24” inches long
- 100% cotton but this fabric is typically lightweight and breathable.
- Condition: Great vintage condition. Please note that this blouses has lived a previous life and therefore shows some signs of age but DOES NOT have any holes or repairs. The embroidery of the top is in remarkably great condition.
- This Huipil was 100% handmade from beginning to end; therefore naturally there will be some imperfections. You could see some loose threads, DO NOT pull just snip with scissors. Or you can use BLOUSE SNAG REPAIR NEEDLE to repair weaving stiches.
- For a better care, we recommend hand wash or DELICATE cycle only.
- Dry flat