Vintage Huipil Top - Santiago Atitlan
Couldn't load pickup availability
Detailed with stunning hand-embroidery, this vintage Huipil (traditional blouse) is originally from Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala.
Blouses from Santiago Atitlan are well known for their amazing hand embroidery of birds. This beautiful vintage piece features stunning hand-embroidered birds on the body of the blouse. The embroidery is breathtaking; a masterpiece! The base material is 100% cotton in a white base with brown, yellow and caramel brown vertical lines.
Wear it with denim or linen pants for a casual picnic day in the sun, or spice it up with a skirt and boots for a fun night out on the town! Either way you wear it, heads will turn towards your boho-stylish self.
- This Huipil fits like a LARGE & XL - it is also longer than traditional Huipils
- Bust (armpit to armpit): 28” inches wide
- Length: 24” inches long
- This Huipil is closed at the sides
- 100% Cotton - very soft.
- Condition: Great vintage condition. With no loose threads, the embroidery around the neckline is stunning and well preserved as well as the rest of the embroidery on the top. A rare find! Please note: there are markings on this top, but they are not stains. This top was hand-woven from start to finish by hand and one of the threads use was navy blue; that's what you see coming through the white base. But it is not a stain - see photos closely.
- This Huipil was 100% handmade from beginning to end; therefore naturally there will be some imperfections. You could see some loose threads, DO NOT pull just snip with scissors. Or you can use BLOUSE SNAG REPAIR NEEDLE to repair weaving stiches.
- For a better care, we recommend hand wash or DELICATE cycle only.
- Dry flat