Vintage Huipil Top - Nebaj
Couldn't load pickup availability
This stunning vintage Huipil top is a meticulously crafted work of art, designed using a traditional backstrap loom. A Raspberry Red make up the base, while intricately embroidered geometric designs embellish the front and back - a common motif to Nebaj, Quiche in Guatemala.
Our Vintage Huipil Tops from Nebaj are a popular choice with hand-crafted designs reminiscent of ancient hieroglyphs and Mayan symbols.
Wear it with denim or linen pants for a casual picnic day in the sun, or spice it up with a skirt and boots for a fun night out on the town! Either way you wear it, this top is a great piece to add to your ethical wardrobe!
- This huipil is able to fit many sizes, from Small, Medium and Large, but please note that it runs short.
- Bust (armpit to armpit) - 23" inches wide
- Length - 18.5" inches long
- 100% Cotton
- Condition: Beautifully preserved vintage piece, with some loose threads at around the armpit, though this doesn't impact the structure. The embroidery is intact, and the bottom is even on both sides - a rare find and a true masterpiece!
- This Huipil was ethically sourced and purchased with fair trade practices; ensuring the artisan was paid fairly.
- This Huipil was 100% handmade from beginning to end; therefore naturally there will be some imperfections. You could see some loose threads, DO NOT pull just snip with scissors. Or you can use BLOUSE SNAG REPAIR NEEDLE to repair weaving stiches.
- For a better care, we recommend hand wash
- Dry flat