Vintage Huipil Top - White Patzun
Couldn't load pickup availability
Rare in color (white) and stunning in detail with hand-embroidery, this vintage huipil (traditional Mayan blouse) is originally from Patzún, Guatemala. This particular region of Guatemala is known for their floral embroidery design around the neckline as well as the red & colorful vertical stripes, symbolizing the blood of their Mayan ancestors. This is why this one in particular is a precious treasure because it is not the traditional in color. This top has a white panel background with multi-color stripes; a rare find from this particular Maya village!
This top features hand embroidered flowers and birds underneath the collar on both the front and back in a variety of colors; typical of this region. The base of this top is white with multi-color stripes, stunning!
**Please review measurements below to ensure proper fit. All sales are final.**
Measurements on flat surface: Sizes are a "fits like" guide and not a standard measurement.
- This huipil fits up to a size XL. Due to the nature of the soft textile, it molds to your body and can fit a Medium, Large and XL body.
- Bust (armpit to armpit): 30" inches wide
- Length: 21" inches long
- Arm Opening: Sides were originally open. This top has been tailored closed on the sides for a more comfortable fit.
Condition: This vintage piece is in remarkable condition. Its prior life is evident, but it displays graceful signs of age. The bottom part has some loose threads but does not affect the structure of the blouse. Please note a small stain; hardly noticeable. This blouses has lived a previous life and therefore shows some signs of age and loose thread but has no holes or repairs and is in remarkably great vintage condition. A rare find!
This vintage Huipil was personally purchased & ethically sourced; and the artisan was paid fair price.
- This Huipil was 100% handmade from beginning to end; therefore naturally there will be some imperfections. You could see some loose threads, DO NOT pull just snip with scissors. Or you can use BLOUSE SNAG REPAIR NEEDLE to repair weaving stiches.
- For a better care, we recommend hand wash
- Dry flat